Changing the web interface background color to distinguish different machines

Status
Not open for further replies.

StephenFry

Contributor
As any good enthusiast, I have a number of FreeNAS machines running; more often than not, several at the same time. This means that there will be several open tabs in my browser, all looking the same. Except the vital difference is that they are managing different machines!

Is there any way to change the background color of the interface, or even just the header, to better differentiate between machines? I think this might prevent errors and at the least, save some time double-checking names/addresses.

StephenFry

Contributor
Yay! Hadn't seen that, thank you.

Pitfrr

Wizard

Vito Reiter

Wise in the Ways of Science
I know this has been marked solved, I did this with a nice, bright blue and it just turned like a little less black haha. Any ideas why that would happen? I do this stuff with all the software we use at work and love customization.

Pitfrr

Wizard
What I did is change the color of the top banner: /usr/local/www/freenasUI/static/images/headerbg.png

It turned out to be the same green as I expected it to be so... don't know what could have happened. :-O

It was even easier with FreeNAS 9.10 (than previously with FreeNAS 9.2.x) since the file system is directly writeable.

Vito Reiter

Wise in the Ways of Science
What I did is change the color of the top banner: /usr/local/www/freenasUI/static/images/headerbg.png

It turned out to be the same green as I expected it to be so... don't know what could have happened. :-O

It was even easier with FreeNAS 9.10 (than previously with FreeNAS 9.2.x) since the file system is directly writeable.

I'll keep trying haha, thanks for the confirmation man.

Pitfrr

Wizard
Good luck.
Can't help much since for me it worked fine! ;-) (it's quite enjoyable but you learn less that way! ;-P)

Status
Not open for further replies.