Can't login to Web GUI after upgrade to Cobia

herbcso

Cadet
So I just upgraded to Cobia from Bluefin and initially after the upgrade everything seemed to work fine. For some reason it prompted me to setup 2FA again, even though I already had it enabled in Bluefin, but fine, I did that.

I was even able to login to the GUI yesterday, but then today I keep getting told the username or password is wrong - I'm frankly at a bit of a loss as to why, since I use a password manager, definitely did not edit my password since it worked fine.

I can still SSH into the system and of course access the console through Proxmox (see my signature for my setup details). I checked the system time since I've had some problems in Bluefin with NTP getting out of sync and I thought maybe it was related to that (since the 2FA TOTP wouldn't work correctly), but that seems to be fine as well. I then tried resetting the password through the CLI with `acount user update <username>` but even though it seemed to accept my edits, this didn't enable me to get back into the UI, either. :/

Any idea what else I can check and how I can get back into the GUI?

herbcso

Cadet
FWIW I had a couple of other users set up and they're also claiming "Username or Password is incorrect." (also entering passwords from password manager, so I'm sure they're correct). So it seems to be a general problem with Web UI logins, I'm just not sure how to troubleshoot this further, so any help there would be much appreciated!

ABain

Bug Conductor
iXsystems
I've not experienced any issues with username and passwords post upgrade but this might help get you moving:

If you need to disable 2FA you can do this from the TrueNAS CLI if you have SSH access or console access.

Auth two_factor update enabled-false

To reset your password for a user:

update uid_or_username=<username> --

on the UI provided uncomment password and enter password you wish to use:

# password:
to password:

Save using F2 and then exit using F10.

Just ran through this to check it was successful.

1707934649678.png

herbcso

Cadet
Odd! I was able to disable 2FA, then I could log in again. Then I got it re-enabled and am now able to log in with 2FA once more. Weird though, I have no idea what went sideways there in the first place.

Anyhow, everything is working again, thanks for the 2FA tip!

herbcso

Cadet
PS: I never actually got prompted for 2FA - in Bluefin it was all in a single dialog, but since Cobia moved the 2FA to a second step, I never got to that point - it just showed an error on the bottom of the page of "Username or Password is incorrect." as soon as I clicked the "Login" button.