Can't get plugins or see jails

VladTepes

Patron
I recently did an upgrade from 11.1.x to 11.3

I am sure I had plex plugin (though can;t recall last time I used it).

Anyway just now I've gone to look at plugins and jails and am getting the following error and would appreciate advice on how to resolve. Ta.

Error: Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/iocage_lib/ioc_plugin.py", line 1484, in _clone_repo
repo = git.Repo(destination)
File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/git/repo/base.py", line 131, in __init__
raise NoSuchPathError(epath)
git.exc.NoSuchPathError: /mnt/Aventine/iocage/.plugins/github_com_freenas_iocage-ix-plugins_git

During handling of the above exception, another exception occurred:

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/middlewared/job.py", line 349, in run
await self.future
File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/middlewared/job.py", line 388, in __run_body
rv = await self.middleware.run_in_thread(self.method, *([self] + args))
File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/middlewared/utils/run_in_thread.py", line 10, in run_in_thread
return await self.loop.run_in_executor(self.run_in_thread_executor, functools.partial(method, *args, **kwargs))
File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/middlewared/utils/io_thread_pool_executor.py", line 25, in run
result = self.fn(*self.args, **self.kwargs)
File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/middlewared/schema.py", line 964, in nf
return f(*args, **kwargs)
File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/middlewared/plugins/jail.py", line 409, in available
plugins_versions_data = IOCPlugin(branch=branch, git_repository=plugin_repository).fetch_plugin_versions()
File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/iocage_lib/ioc_plugin.py", line 214, in fetch_plugin_versions
self.pull_clone_git_repo()
File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/iocage_lib/ioc_plugin.py", line 133, in pull_clone_git_repo
depth, self.callback
File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/iocage_lib/ioc_plugin.py", line 1528, in _clone_repo
k: v for k, v in kwargs.items() if v
File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/git/repo/base.py", line 988, in clone_from
return cls._clone(git, url, to_path, GitCmdObjectDB, progress, **kwargs)
File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/git/repo/base.py", line 939, in _clone
finalize_process(proc, stderr=stderr)
File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/git/util.py", line 333, in finalize_process
proc.wait(**kwargs)
File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/git/cmd.py", line 415, in wait
raise GitCommandError(self.args, status, errstr)
git.exc.GitCommandError: Cmd('git') failed due to: exit code(128)
cmdline: git clone -v https://github.com/freenas/iocage-ix-plugins.git /mnt/Aventine/iocage/.plugins/github_com_freenas_iocage-ix-plugins_git
stderr: 'Cloning into '/mnt/Aventine/iocage/.plugins/github_com_freenas_iocage-ix-plugins_git'...
fatal: unable to access 'https://github.com/freenas/iocage-ix-plugins.git/': Could not resolve host: github.com

danb35

Hall of Famer
I am sure I had plex plugin (though can;t recall last time I used it).
You may well have; 11.2 switched to using iocage for its jail manager, and jails created through the GUI in 11.1 and prior won't show up now.
Could not resolve host: github.com
This looks like the root of your problem.

VladTepes

Patron
Yes but how to fix ithe githun issue?

Are the jails still there and just not showing or to all intents and purposes have they gone?
Is there a way gto get them to show again or (if they still exist in some hidden way) delete those jails and start again?

I had (have) issues with the new jail (plugin) after upgrading from 11.2-U7 to 11.3 configurations whereby:
  • The bridges (and VLANs, in my case) did not appear in the new network configuration.
  • Even if I deleted the VLAN and bridge manually (via command line) and rebooted I could not recreate and attache the bridge and associated VLAN to the jail - the options did not show up
  • Even when I deleted the jails (3 Emby plugins and my UniFi Controller) and created the VLANs and bridges I cannot manually set the IP addresses/gateways in the advanced configuration. I can only use DHCP to get network access (using DHCP reservations to statically assign the IPs)
I made a submission to the bug tracker which was closed as it was a duplicate - others are having the same issue.

So, back to @danb35's note - as you do not have network access you cannot get to githun...

VladTepes

Patron
So re the change to iocage

Are the jails still there and just not showing or to all intents and purposes have they gone?
Is there a way to get them to show again or (if they still exist in some hidden way) delete those jails and start again?