_problem Get Plugins Failed

djbrightside

Dabbler
I am building a Plex Media Server. I just did a new install of FreeNAS-11.3-U2.1. This is my first server build and I am new to Freenas. Any help would be appreciated.
I got my Pool set up and a dataset set up. I was able to set up SMB windows sharing. I have about 1.5 TB of movies that I am currently transferring over via SMB. The next thing I tried to do was get the Plex plug in and I got this Error......
Get Plugins Failed
Cmd('git') failed due to: exit code(128) cmdline: git clone -v https://github.com/freenas/iocage-ix-plugins.git /mnt/brightpool/iocage/.plugins/github_com_freenas_iocage-ix-plugins_git stderr: 'Cloning into '/mnt/brightpool/iocage/.plugins/github_com_freenas_iocage-ix-plugins_git'... fatal: unable to access 'https://github.com/freenas/iocage-ix-plugins.git/': Could not resolve host: github.com '

Error: Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/iocage_lib/ioc_plugin.py", line 1506, in _clone_repo
repo = git.Repo(destination)
File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/git/repo/base.py", line 131, in __init__
raise NoSuchPathError(epath)
git.exc.NoSuchPathError: /mnt/brightpool/iocage/.plugins/github_com_freenas_iocage-ix-plugins_git

During handling of the above exception, another exception occurred:

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/middlewared/job.py", line 349, in run
await self.future
File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/middlewared/job.py", line 388, in __run_body
rv = await self.middleware.run_in_thread(self.method, *([self] + args))
File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/middlewared/utils/run_in_thread.py", line 10, in run_in_thread
return await self.loop.run_in_executor(self.run_in_thread_executor, functools.partial(method, *args, **kwargs))
File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/middlewared/utils/io_thread_pool_executor.py", line 25, in run
result = self.fn(*self.args, **self.kwargs)
File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/middlewared/schema.py", line 965, in nf
return f(*args, **kwargs)
File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/middlewared/plugins/jail.py", line 409, in available
plugins_versions_data = IOCPlugin(branch=branch, git_repository=plugin_repository).fetch_plugin_versions()
File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/iocage_lib/ioc_plugin.py", line 220, in fetch_plugin_versions
self.pull_clone_git_repo()
File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/iocage_lib/ioc_plugin.py", line 133, in pull_clone_git_repo
depth, self.callback
File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/iocage_lib/ioc_plugin.py", line 1571, in _clone_repo
k: v for k, v in kwargs.items() if v
File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/git/repo/base.py", line 988, in clone_from
return cls._clone(git, url, to_path, GitCmdObjectDB, progress, **kwargs)
File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/git/repo/base.py", line 939, in _clone
finalize_process(proc, stderr=stderr)
File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/git/util.py", line 333, in finalize_process
proc.wait(**kwargs)
File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/git/cmd.py", line 415, in wait
raise GitCommandError(self.args, status, errstr)
git.exc.GitCommandError: Cmd('git') failed due to: exit code(128)
cmdline: git clone -v https://github.com/freenas/iocage-ix-plugins.git /mnt/brightpool/iocage/.plugins/github_com_freenas_iocage-ix-plugins_git
stderr: 'Cloning into '/mnt/brightpool/iocage/.plugins/github_com_freenas_iocage-ix-plugins_git'...
fatal: unable to access 'https://github.com/freenas/iocage-ix-plugins.git/': Could not resolve host: github.com

Anyone know what this means? Thank you for any help

Alecmascot

Guru

djbrightside

Dabbler
Ok, is that something I would change in global configurations? I can't find any information on how to configure DNS in Freenas.

Yorick

Wizard
Network, Global, where you set your default gw, you also set name servers.

Alecmascot

Guru

djbrightside

Dabbler
Problem Solved. I was able to find my DNS server in Windows by using ipconfig/all. I went to Global Configuration in Freenas. I entered in my IPv4 default gateway and my DNS server IP in Nameserver 1, and all is good now. Thank you Alecmascot for your help.

djbrightside

Dabbler
Thanks all

danb35

Hall of Famer
But if you're setting up a Plex server, consider this instead of the plugin:

It stores configuration and metadata outside the jail, which will save you pain if/when you need to rebuild the jail. It also sets up automatic upgrades in the jail, so you'll have as up-to-date a Plex installation as possible.