Can't delete snapshots with special characters

cserver

Cadet
Hello,

Using FreeNAS-11.3-U5

Decided to setup snapshots today that contain [] and spaces in the name. The spaces may not be such an issue...I believe I had those previously but FreeNAS/zfs really does not like those [ ] brackets.

I've deleted thee snapshot tasks and am trying to delete the snapshots but it is failing from the OS using rm and also using zfs destroy.

As an example of one of the snapshots I want to delete:

zfs list -t snapshot
Volume0/backup@Volume0 [Hourly] - 2021-05-10_19-00

rm -rf 'Volume0/backup@Volume0 [Hourly] - 2021-05-10_19-00'
no error but does not get removed

zfs destroy 'Volume0/backup@Volume0 [Hourly] - 2021-05-10_19-00'
could not find any snapshots to destroy; check snapshot names.

I just want to remove the snapshots at this point.

sretalla

Powered by Neutrality
Try escaping the special characters (and spaces) with backslash... nothing goes in quotes for that...

zfs destroy Volume0/backup@Volume0\ \[Hourly\]\ -\ 2021-05-10_19-00

cserver

Cadet
No luck there but I've been given some other things to try on reddit

root@freenas[/mnt/Volume0/.zfs/snapshot]# zfs destroy Volume0/backup@Volume0\ \[Hourly\]\ -\ 2021-05-10_19-00
could not find any snapshots to destroy; check snapshot names.

sretalla

Powered by Neutrality
Also no luck from Storage | Snapshots in the GUI?

cserver

Cadet
Correct. FreeNAS let me create the snapshot names but can't delete the snapshots now.

sretalla