Snapshots tripping over each other?

HarambeLives

Contributor
I set a snapshot task for every 15M, every hour, every day and every week

This means that its possible that on 0:00 on a certain day, there could be 4 snapshots running. Its mentioned that checking the box for empty snapshots is allowed to allow this to happen without error. Is this incorrect?

As soon as my hourly snapshot tried to go, it failed with the following error:

Snapshot Task For Dataset "Main Data/<myname>" failed: cannot create snapshot 'Main Data/<myname>@auto-2021-07-30_16-00': dataset already exists no snapshots were created..
2021-07-30 16:00:50 (America/Chicago)

Does this mean its getting confused by the 15 minute snapshots that were taken already, and I need to rename all my tasks so the snapshots don't overlap?

I was hoping not to have duplicate snapshots, and just have the Hourly take the place of the on the hour snapshot from the 15M task, and so on

I personally avoid overlapping names from different periodic snapshop tasks. Here are other discussions that cover the gist of it:

Last edited:

sretalla