Can't Create Folders from MacOS using AFP

Status
Not open for further replies.

SangieWolf

Dabbler
I ended up switching from SMB to AFP due to issues with being slow. I'm using macOS 10.13.1 with a FreeNAS build FreeNAS-11.1-U6.

When I try to create a new folder, it states I don't have permissions. I can rename folders and files, create files, move files, etc. I just can't modify directories.

I found this https://redmine.ixsystems.com/issues/5751 and tried some of the solutions with no luck, such as disabling AFP3 Unix Privs and trying the command within shell on FreeNAS setfacl -b /mnt/Awoo/Misc

Any ideas..?

SangieWolf

Dabbler
Scratch that, after trying some of those things, I now can't create, move, or modify anything. If I mount the SMB, it works fine (just slow) ugh v.v

SangieWolf

Dabbler
I guess I'll keep talking to myself! I recreated the share and can do everything except make folders. Plz help.

Bonnie Follweiler

QA Technician
iXsystems
I am on Mac OS 10.13.6 and set up an afp share on my FreeNAS 11.1-U6. I was able to create a directory/folder and copy files into it. I used the Wizard, in the GUI, to set up the dataset/share. The only thing I added was in the permissions mode I check write for the group. Can you try creating a share that way and see if it works?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.