SOLVED Problem with AFP share and ACLs

Status
Not open for further replies.

kjp4756

Contributor
I have a zfs dataset called "Media". I have this dataset shared via afp and cifs. Permissions on the dataset are set to use acl. I have a group called media_admin which my user is a member of. Media_admin has full_set set to media.

I have a folders in side of media; Movies and TV. When I am connected from my mac using afp I can create new directories in media fine but I cannot create new files in media (or in Movies or TV). When I create a folder in media I can create files in the fine. Now when I connect from my same mac using cifs I can write files fine.

I can't write files here from afp but I can from cifs. I can create new folders from afp here. I can delete any files or folders in here from afp.

getfacl storage/media

Code:
# file: /mnt/storage/media
# owner: root
# group: wheel
group:media_admin:rwxpDdaARWcCos:fd----:allow
            owner@:rwxp--aARWcCos:------:allow
            group@:r-x---a-R-c--s:------:allow
        everyone@:r-x---a-R-c--s:------:allow

I can't write files here from afp but I can from cifs. I can create new folders from afp here. I can delete any files or folders in here from afp.

getfacl storage/media/Movies

Code:
# file: /mnt/storage/media/Movies/

Here I created a folder test using afp. I can create files in here using afp OK

Code:
# file: /mnt/storage/media/test
# owner: kyle

Any idea what is going on here? I am thinking there's an issue with afp.

EDIT: Just discovered something weird. I can copy files from my mac over afp to the Movies folder if I use cp in terminal.

kjp4756

Contributor
OK this seems to have nothing to do with using ACLs on freenas. I've turned them off and re-created the media dataset. I gave the group media_admin rwx to media. My user (which also happens to have the same user name on my mac) and a user called test are both a member of media_admin. My user cannot write files via finder in the root of media (from terminal works fine). If I disconnect from the freenas share and re-connect connecting as test then I can write files in the root of media.

My user and the test user are set up exactly the same way on freenas. The only difference is my user name on freenas and my user on mac are the same name. I have OS X 10.9.1 on one machine and 10.7.? (the latest) on another. I have the problem on both.

Permissions on media:

drwxrwxr-x 5 root media_admin 5 Feb 15 12:31 media/

getfacl:

# file: .
# group: media_admin
group@:rwxp--a-R-c--s:------:allow

kjp4756

Contributor
Problem solved!

When I was logging in to the freenas AFP share using my account, I was logging in with my full name. If I use my username (which is my first name) instead of my full name then I can write files to the root of the share.

Status
Not open for further replies.