SOLVED Can't change update train

Status
Not open for further replies.

mider_

Dabbler
*UPDATE* Issue was resolved, as per dlavigne's suggestion, it was a DNS issue. My ISP's DNS service was down and after changing it, my network issues were resolved.

Hi! Although i am new to the fourms, i have been using freenas 9.3/9.10 for over a year now and i have never had any problems that i could not fix myself. Until today. I am trying to change my update train and the box is empty and grayed out. (See First Attached Picture) If i try clicking "check for updates", i receive the following error: (See Second Attached Picture)
Code:
Update server could not be reached

<urlopen error [Errno 8] hostname nor servname provided, or not known>

Traceback
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/usr/local/www/freenasUI/../freenasUI/system/views.py", line 1460, in update_check
train=updateobj.get_train(),
File "/usr/local/www/freenasUI/../freenasUI/system/models.py", line 586, in get_train
trains = conf.AvailableTrains() or []
File "/usr/local/lib/freenasOS/Configuration.py", line 960, in AvailableTrains
fileref = self.TryGetNetworkFile(file=TRAIN_FILE, reason="FetchTrains")
File "/usr/local/lib/freenasOS/Configuration.py", line 728, in TryGetNetworkFile
raise url_exc
URLError: <urlopen error [Errno 8] hostname nor servname provided, or not known>

I have rebooted the system and reset my network interfaces and i have also validated my update, which validated perfectly. See my signature for my hardware breakdown.
Screen Shot 2017-03-18 at 2.41.08 PM.png
Screen Shot 2017-03-18 at 3.28.59 PM.png

Last edited:
D

dlavigne

Can you ping update.ixsystems.com from Shell? If not, verify your default gateway and DNS settings and try again.

mider_

Dabbler
Can you ping update.ixsystems.com from Shell? If not, verify your default gateway and DNS settings and try again.
I couldn't get this working at all, my box did not have internet access. I did a fresh install of corral and i again, did not have access to the internet. It seemed that my ISP's DNS servers were down. I changed them to google and freedns's servers and everything began to work. Thanks for your reply.

Status
Not open for further replies.