Can't change permissions

Status
Not open for further replies.

guldan

Dabbler
I go to Storage -> Volumes -> Change Permissions then set to WRITE for group/other.

Then save, it says it saves then when I go back into it nothing has been saved.

So I can't access my share. Anyone experience this issue?

guldan

Dabbler
I tried to change permissions for root user and same deal.. so at this point I can't create a usable share..

guldan

Dabbler
Could this be because I have ISCSI and CIFS on the same ZPOOL? I carved out 1TB for ISCSI which is working swimmingly, now i'm trying to share out CIFS and the permissions aren't setting. Mind you it let me create the share and I can READ it..

chelnockin

Cadet
You can try change directory permission using WinSCP, go to /mnt choose your folder, right click and change your permission

guldan

Dabbler
You can try change directory permission using WinSCP, go to /mnt choose your folder, right click and change your permission

Perhaps, but as I have found out I cannot change any permissions which is a larger problem. I tried to give the "nobody" account write permissions. It says it's successful but nothing changes.

Getting very frustrated, Tried a few different versions of Freenas as well.

guldan

Dabbler
I ended up just using UNIX permissions, which sucks because i'm in a 100% windows environment and will lose some functionality.

Oh well

Caesar

Contributor
I am having the same problem as you. I have to change permissions via terminal/ssh

HolyK

Ninja Turtle
Duno what command is called from GUI (cant check now) but it will be something like " su - root -c "chmod *** blabla" " or maybe " sudo su - root -c "chmod *** blabla" " so maybe there is a password mishmash between gui and root behind. Anyway in this case nothing shoul work. Try to create/delete new user for example. Is it working? Can you see any error messages bottom of the screen?

William Grzybowski

Wizard
iXsystems
Windows type of ACL is mutually exclusive, Windows type of ACL is not supported by the GUI, once you set it to Windows ACL you have to manage them from Windows.

Caesar

Contributor
Windows type of ACL is mutually exclusive, Windows type of ACL is not supported by the GUI, once you set it to Windows ACL you have to manage them from Windows.

Thanks!!!! That was it. I had set the ACL to Windows. once I change the ACL back to unix the permissions worked as expected. I was troubleshooting another problem I am having with setting the permissions on a CIFS share.

Status
Not open for further replies.