Cant boot from USB?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Urumiko

Dabbler
Hi,

I'm running freenas FreeNAS-9.10.2-U6 (561f0d7a1)
I'm running it on a gen 8 hp micro server.
I was trying to get my house in order before upgrading to 11 but am being haunted by an old issue.

I originally installed using the internal micro SD slot as my boot drive, which i now know is a no no as it started getting corrupt pretty early.

Under forum member advice I bought 2 USB sticks and used them to mirror the boot drive and re-silvered, i was still getting warnings about the micro sd however as i dint know how to remove this from the system config.

I thought while i had the server powered off I'd remove the Micro SD, but it turns out my server will not recognise the USB drives as valid boot devices no matter what I do within the bios, or moving the USB sticks to internal USB port etc.

So it seems I'm currently dependent on the corrupted micro SD to boot still :/

How do i resolve this? are there additional steps to make the USB drives a valid boot partition?

I have 3 drives available though now im not entirely sure which is witch in the GUI,
Screenshot attached.
Untitled.jpg

Inxsible

Guru
which is witch
Halloween coming up. Awesome !! :D

If you have a backup of the config from the micro-sd. Then simply re-install FreeNAS 9.10.2-U6 on a USB and import the old config.

If you don't have a backup of the config, reboot with the micro-sd, backup the config and try.

Status
Not open for further replies.