Boot Error After Upgrading to 9.2

Status
Not open for further replies.

olly86

Dabbler
I've been running 8.3.2 successfully on a HP ProLiant N40L Microserver however after upgrading using to 9.2 I get error 19 on boot. I've updated the Bios to the latest version which has made no difference.

I tried two USB flash drives (both 8GB) a Kingston DataTraveler and a SanDisk which both reported error 19. As a final test I tried an 8GB Micro SD card in a USB to Micro SD reader which booted fine, is this setup supported? If it's not can you recommend a USB flash drive that's working for you?

olly86

Dabbler
No, I'm still running 8.3 as the manual suggests that using an SD or Micro SD card can be problematic, and before spending any more money on USB Memory sticks I was hoping someone could give me an opinion on which one(s) are working for them.

cyberjock

Inactive Account
No, I'm still running 8.3 as the manual suggests that using an SD or Micro SD card can be problematic, and before spending any more money on USB Memory sticks I was hoping someone could give me an opinion on which one(s) are working for them.

The current manual says any 4GB+ name brand. I use Corsair Voyagers but anything by brands like Samsung, Corsair, Kingston, Micron, and the like should be fine.

marcevan

Patron

cyberjock

Inactive Account
Error 19 for the causes in that thread don't exist in either 8.3.0 or 9.2.0. ;) In both of the versions I just mentioned USB3 is diabled in FreeNAS thereby preventing error 19 for that reason. Of course, there's a billion other ways to get error 19, including bad hardware, incompatible hardware, and things like that.

olly86

Dabbler
I don't know if the mainboard is a Haswell or not, I've got a HP Microserver with additional memory.

cyberjock thanks for the advise, I will get Corsair Voyager and give it a try.

olly86

Dabbler
In the end I decided not to spend any money but wait for newer releases of FreeNAS, which has paid off. There was clearly a bug as the latest release (9.2.1.4) updated and boots fine on my existing hardware.

Status
Not open for further replies.