SOLVED Can't access WebGUI after clean install

Status
Not open for further replies.

Envy

Cadet
Hey guys, this is my first FreeNAS build.

I followed the guide (http://doc.freenas.org/9.3/freenas_quick.html#initial-configuration-wizard) all the way through to 3a, but upon trying to do "192.168.1.108" in the browser it times out. Pinging also sees no response. I'm on the same network

Has anybody else received this problem? I'm literally at a loss as to what to do now.

I'm using an ASRock C2750D4I and the installation seemed clean enough.

Could it have something to do with the router? I'm using a Netgear AC1750.

chris crude

Patron
are the rest of your devices in the 192.168.1.xxx range? Are you sure you entered an address that works with your network?

pirateghost

Unintelligible Geek
So, let's lay some things out first.

Your motherboard has ipmi. You need to have that port and one other port plugged in. You can connect to the ipmi address via your web browser and have the console right there in your browser via a Java plugin.

Your server, by default (because the documentation actually tells you this), will get an IP address right from DHCP (your router).

Whatever IP address is showing on the console screen, is the address you connect to.

I don't know why you would be trying to connect to random IP addresses that aren't in your network.

joeschmuck

Old Man
Look on your console, it wil tell you the IP address to use.

chris crude

Patron
Adding to what these other posters (who know more about this stuff than I do) said, that board has 2 network interfaces. Make sure you are plugged into the proper one you chose in the first step.

EunosNB

Dabbler
Your local IP looks like it wil be 10.0.0.xx or something similar versus 192.168.xxx.xxx. Do you see anything like that below the 14 options FN presents after booting?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

chris crude

Patron
I see this thread marked as SOLVED already. I wonder what the fix was?

joeschmuck

Old Man
I see this thread marked as SOLVED already. I wonder what the fix was?
I'm sure the OP looked at the console and entered the proper IP address.

chris crude

Patron
I'm sure the OP looked at the console and entered the proper IP address.
I agree, but its always nice when the OP verifies the fix so when the next person searches the forums for a similar issue there is an ask/answer type response. Also, if he already ran through the setup and put in the wrong IP, wouldn't the console give the wrong one instead of the original that the DHCP gave him?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.