Can't access SMB share on TrueNAS Scale 22.12.0 from Windows 11.

Hi,

I'm new to TrueNAS and I'm not advanced in regards to configuring networks. Recently installed TrueNAS Core and found it extremely easy to set up a SMB Share and now I installed TrueNAS Scale instead and there's no way I can get the SMB Share to Work.

The reason for switcing to TrueNAS Scale is that I would like to run 1-2 virtual machines and support for virtual machines appears to be much better in TrueNAS Scale.

I've tried to configure a group, I made a user that is a member of that group and made the group owner of the dataset. I can see the server, but I can't map it and I get the error "Windows cannot access \\TRUENAS".

Further I've tried to "Allow Guest Access", but I get the same error.

SMB service is running.

I have not enabled "NTLMv1 Auth" in the SMB service.

I've tried to set LAN Manager authentication level to "Send NTLMv2 response only/refuse LM & NTLM", which doesn't help.

Windows Troubleshooting reports "Your computer appears to be correctly configured, but the device or resource (TRUENAS) is not responding".

Any clues what I may be doing wrong?

An alternative solution would be ProxMox and TrueNAS Core on top of it, but as I understand it, I'll loose the advantages of ZFS and I'll of course use more computer resources.

Best regards,
Frederik

The system I'm running TrueNas on is:
Motherboard: AsRock J5040 MiniITX
CPU: Intel J5040
RAM: 8 GB
SSD1: 128 GB Kingston SSD Now
SSD2: PNY 1 Tb
SSD3: PNY 1 Tb
HDD: WD 500 GB