Truenas Scale SMB access lost after GUI Port change

sweettea

Cadet
Good Evening,

I have ran into an issue that I am unable to remedy. I changed the GUI settings Web Interface HTTP Port to 81 and Web Interface HTTPS Port to 444 in preperation to install Traefik APP. GUI restarted with no issues on port 81. Before I got a chance to install traefik I went to access my SMB share to pull a file and no longer have access to my SMB share.(I had access minutes before I did this) I looked through the credentials and Perms on the datasets, stopped and restarted the SMB, restarted the server itsself, Created a new user/group and SMB in efforts to midigate the issues with no luck regaining access to the SMB. I also cleared all passwords on the windows machines, and tried to access the SMB from different machines. I reset the ports back to the original with no luck as well. I spun up another server I have running truenas core to see if I was able to log into the SMB on that server and was able to ruling out the client machines as the issue. The Hardware that the Truenas Scale is running on is a Dell R720XD with 2 ntel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E5-2640 v2 @ 2.00GHz, 48.00 GB of ECC memory, and BRCM GbE 4P 5720-t rNDC NIC. Please see attached Documentation. I know the everyone is busy and any and all help is welcomed.

Attachments

• Group.png
    Group.png
    15.9 KB · Views: 175
  • GUI Settings .png
    GUI Settings .png
    27.2 KB · Views: 178
  • Services.png
    Services.png
    51.2 KB · Views: 169
  • Shell testparm -s.png
    Shell testparm -s.png
    71.9 KB · Views: 146
  • SMB.png
    SMB.png
    27.1 KB · Views: 143
  • SMB2.png
    SMB2.png
    21.1 KB · Views: 123
  • Storage.png
    Storage.png
    71.5 KB · Views: 122
  • User.png
    User.png
    29.1 KB · Views: 153

indivision

Guru
I don't see how the GUI port change would affect SMB. I made the same change you describe for Traefik and didn't have to touch SMB for it to continue working.

It looks like you are using "Guest Access" to reach the share. Is that the case with your other test machine as well?

Samuel Tai

Never underestimate your own stupidity
I can see this happening if you typoed the HTTPS port to 445 instead of 444, as that would conflict with the port for SMB.

sweettea

Cadet
@indivision I don't see how the port change would affect the SMB share either. I just started to have this issue after doing the change. I Just pulled out an older linux machine and I am able to access the SMB from it so it appears to be something with the Windows clients...

Anubis16

Cadet
I can see this happening if you typoed the HTTPS port to 445 instead of 444, as that would conflict with the port for SMB.
Sorry to bother like this, but i had to create an account to say Thank You!
I also had this problem and did not check the port until i read your reply to this post. I typed 444 but i used the scroll wheel while the port number was still highlighted and it went from 444 to 445 with the scroll. Hope this helps someone else that has this problem. Watch out with the scroll wheel while the entry field is still highlighted.
Thank You again for this comment!