Help Lost Scale GUI

Martin Jones

Dabbler
TrueNAS Scale
Gen8 Microserver
16GB ECC RAM
Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E3-1230 V2 @ 3.30GHz

Okay, there-s one born every minute, this time it's me. Without checking or thinking, I installed Traefik True Chart and have lost access to the TrueNAS Scale GUI. Can I uninstall Traefik any other way? or gain access to the Scale GUI another way? or am I going to have to re-install Scale from scratch?

impkt13

Dabbler
I installed kubernetes dashboard and also lost webgui ! I ssh in host fixed it

Martin Jones

Dabbler
Do you have SSH access set up? You could disable Traefik that way.
Apparently not, I only have access to the Open TrueNAS CLI shell or the Open Linux Shell via the remote console of the Microserver.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2022-09-23 121335.png
    Screenshot 2022-09-23 121335.png
    31.8 KB · Views: 96

indivision

Guru
Apparently not, I only have access to the Open TrueNAS CLI shell or the Open Linux Shell via the remote console of the Microserver.

Those interfaces are the same that you would get via SSH. So, you should be able to manipulate the app from there...

Martin Jones

Dabbler
Now, never having used CLI before, even though I've been using TrueNAS since 2016, it worked. I found a truechart delete entry online closed my eyes pushed the enter key and it worked. I'm astounded, shocked and thankful for your input.

DaSnipe

Explorer
Yeah you gotta change your GUI ports first before playing with Traefik or any reverse proxy unless you know what you’re doing

Volkodav

Dabbler
Do you have SSH access set up? You could disable Traefik that way
What is the command to disable it? I lost mu GUI too after my cert expired. I tried k3s kubectl delete Traefik -n iX-traefik says: rror: the server doesn't have a resource type "Traefik"

Last edited: