Cannot upgrade plex docker image due to new path restriction

LiX47

Dabbler
As stated in the title, I am unable to update my plex docker image, the error is as follows:
Code:
[EFAULT] Failed to upgrade chart release: Error: UPGRADE FAILED: execution error at (plex/templates/deployment.yaml:1:3): Invalid hostpath /mnt/plex. Path must be a valid path under a given pool e.g `/mnt/tank/somepath` is valid whereas `/mnt` or `/mnt/tank` are invalid examples.

I'm not at this time sure if this is a Truenas bug or a Plex Docker image bug, but if I'm understanding correctly, this due to a new restriction about not allowing the use of the root of a data set as the plex data volume. I don't know what the motivation behind this restriction is but if this this is an issue with truenas and not, in fact, a Plex issue, I would request that it be removed

sretalla

Powered by Neutrality
Is it really so onerous to create a dataset at the pool root level?

pabloalcantara

Dabbler
Same problema here.. And in my case, Some container is not using any pool at root level.
Why this change?

LiX47

Dabbler
Is it really so onerous to create a dataset at the pool root level?
For one, it's redundant. The entire pool is dedicated to my plex server, there's no reason for me to have /mnt/plex/plex. Second, it's a valid configuration and Truenas should not be the one deciding how I organize my own data. Not to mention even if I did make the change truenas seems to want, that'd require me to not only move terrabytes of data, but update anything that was depending on that data's location

jsclayton

Dabbler
Just hit this on a generic Docker image app too. I guess my Telegraf instance isn't getting any more upgrades. ☹️

LiX47

Dabbler
Anyone know why it's like this?
Never got that resolution :/
Seems like it's another one of many of truenas's arbitrary "we think this is proper/improper so we're making it a hard rule even if it causes problems"