cannot rollback to U4 after updating to 11.1 U5

Status
Not open for further replies.

mvcad

Contributor
Hi all, I've decided to update my FreeNAS 11.1 from U4 to U5. I've had a lot of issues so I wanted to roollback to U4. so from the web UI went to System > Boot, select U4 and set it to activate. It does say Active on reboot but it is not loaded when I reboot from Web UI. it keeps loading U5 instead. What am I missing?, I have rebooted many times and still keeps loading U5. Thanks

Note, on U5 the system works for about 10 minutes and then is unreachable from web UI. on the screen I can see a lot of handshake errors. so I have to hard reset the box.

My specs: FreeNAS-11.1-U4, Intel core i3 7100 @ 3.9 GHz; 2 off Crucial CT8G4DFD824A 8GB (2x8GB) 2400MHz DDR4; boot drives are 2 mirrored SanDisk Ultra Fit 16GB USB 3.0; 3 Off Seagate skywolf HDD 4.0 TB each in RaidZ configuration; 1 off Samsung pro SSD 256 GB for running my jails; ASRock H270M-ITX/ac Motherboard; Cooler Master MasterWatt Series 550W Power Supply; Fractal Design NODE 304 Black Mini ITX Case.

silverback

Contributor
Hi all, I've decided to update my FreeNAS 11.1 from U4 to U5. I've had a lot of issues so I wanted to roollback to U4. so from the web UI went to System > Boot, select U4 and set it to activate. It does say Active on reboot but it is not loaded when I reboot from Web UI. it keeps loading U5 instead. What am I missing?, I have rebooted many times and still keeps loading U5. Thanks

Note, on U5 the system works for about 10 minutes and then is unreachable from web UI. on the screen I can see a lot of handshake errors. so I have to hard reset the box.

My specs: FreeNAS-11.1-U4, Intel core i3 7100 @ 3.9 GHz; 2 off Crucial CT8G4DFD824A 8GB (2x8GB) 2400MHz DDR4; boot drives are 2 mirrored SanDisk Ultra Fit 16GB USB 3.0; 3 Off Seagate skywolf HDD 4.0 TB each in RaidZ configuration; 1 off Samsung pro SSD 256 GB for running my jails; ASRock H270M-ITX/ac Motherboard; Cooler Master MasterWatt Series 550W Power Supply; Fractal Design NODE 304 Black Mini ITX Case.

I have found that changing boot environments sometimes works better from the boot screen, during boot.

mvcad

Contributor
I have found that changing boot environments sometimes works better from the boot screen, during boot.
thanks, I'll try that. good tip!

mvcad

Contributor
It worked! Thanks!

mcgyver2000de

Dabbler
Hi,
I have the same issue (11.1-U5)....lot of errors, machine go for ten minutes and then nothing....only hard reset help.
How can I set another boot environment during booting?
Thanks!
McGyver

mvcad

Contributor
Hi,
I have the same issue (11.1-U5)....lot of errors, machine go for ten minutes and then nothing....only hard reset help.
How can I set another boot environment during booting?
Thanks!
McGyver

In my case the problem was an update in my windows 10 PC, I use syncthing to constantly synchronize some folders between my PC and the NAS , this is why I got errors every 10 min or so. I rolled back the windows update and problem solved.
hope this helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.