Failed update 11.1 -U4 to U5

Status
Not open for further replies.

esamett

Patron
tried standard update procedure from my iphone. I got bored and came back to browser and hit refresh. Now if I boot in U4 it tells me that update is installed and to boot on U5. If I boot in U5 I get sparsely populated screen after login.

How do I undo partial/failed update from console plugged into server or via shell if I boot U4.

hescominsoon

Patron
goto system-boot. you should see the u5 boot in that window once it gets done enumerating all of the boot environments that are available. Delete the u5 line and then re-run the update.

esamett

Patron
Failed via cell phone browser. Command line allows selection but not delete. Will try again via computer browser.

If this fails is there another way?

hescominsoon

Patron
Failed via cell phone browser. Command line allows selection but not delete. Will try again via computer browser.

If this fails is there another way?
you could probably do it via the ssh shell as root...but I do not know the command...

esamett

Patron
forced U4 restart via server console.

went to pc: went to boot menu. It thought I still wanted to restart under U5. I activated U4. about a minute or so later I got an error message. I deleted U5. about a minute or so later it went away. checking for updates...apply.

installing packages 60%, installing base os 20% 1/5 ---took a very long time. seems ok

thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.