Unauthorized reboots 11.1 u5 (even after rolling back)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZodiacUHD

Patron
Hello everyone, i am pretty desperate and the reason is that i have no clue whatsoever, to what is happening to my machine.

I have the following :
Motherboard: AsrockRack E3C224D4I-14S
Ram: 2x8GB ECC CT2KIT102472BD160B
HDDs: 6x3TB WD Red
PSU: Seasonic S12G 450W
Boot drive: Mirrored Cruzer Fit 8GB

I've had this hardware for 2 years and i had 0 problems whatsoever. Since i updated to 11.1u5 the problems began: it started with an unauthorized reboot and then nothing for a week. Then it started happening once every 2 days. So i thought it was my motherboard dying. Well, after RMA, i put it up again and everything seemed fine: nothing for a whole week. But it started again after that. On 11.0 u4 it is rock solid (i had to create warden jail and leave iocage behind which was quite frustrating). But as soon as i go back to 11.1u5 it reboots everytime i try to create a iocage Jail.

This is what i tried already: changing PSU, changing RAM, changing motherboard, clean install of 11.1u1/u2/u3/u4/u5 (all of them are unstable and cause reboots, but they didn't before u5 was out. only 11.0 is stable), changing usb sticks boot drives, changing usb ports, changed motherboard stands, memtest for 48h, CPU burn in for 12h.

Right now i feel pretty defeated because i had all my jails set up pretty well with iocage and since i am by no mean an expert, it took me a lot of reading to get where i was. Also, i cannot understand why it used to work just fine before and now it is unstable even with releases which used to work before!

I'd rather not have to create warden jails again just to wait for 11.2.

Any hint or help is greatly appreciated.

Last edited:

m0nkey_

MVP
Are you absolutely sure it's rebooting? Have you checked the uptime between the 'unauthorized' reboots?

I did a search on the bug tracker, but there isn't anything solid as to say what the issue could be.

If it continues to be a problem, I invite you to open a bug ticket and post the number here.

ZodiacUHD

Patron
I am quite positive. Most of the times it rebooted, i was in front of it. Also the uptime went back to 0 every time.

ZodiacUHD

Patron
Little update. I destroyed all my jails, installed 11.0u4, updated to 11.1u5 and the machine stopped rebooting for a few days. Today the reboots started again. I have no clue at this point.

Status
Not open for further replies.