Cannot Migrate Application Pool in GUI

Maximilious

Dabbler
Running TrueNAS-SCALE-22.12.3.2, I have two pools in my array and one of them in RAID5 RAIDZ1 has a failed disk which is also my application pool. I've tried several times in the past to migrate the applications via "Settings > Choose Pool > Migrate All Apps (ticked)" but it always failed.

Well now I need to get this pool migrated over to my RAID6 RAIDZ2 pool as I want to convert this RAID5 RAIDZ1 to RAID6 RAIDZ2 anyway and the only data left on it is the app pool. It only has a single app (Plex) and it appears the migration wants to finish, but it's failing with the following two errors:

kubernetes.restore_backup - Error: Cannot call rmtree on a symbolic link.
kubernetes.update - Error: [EFAULT] Kubernetes service is not running.

I've seen a few call outs to CLI commands to get this done, but want to make sure there's nothing else happening that would cause a CLI operation to also fail. If someone knows the CLI commands will work, and knows them off hand so I can give them a go I'd appreciate it!

Last edited:

Davvo

MVP
You must not use hardware RAID with ZFS.

You also cannot convert a RAIDZ1 pool to be a RAIDZ2, you have to destroy and recreate it in your desired parity configuration.

Maximilious

Dabbler
You must not use hardware RAID with ZFS.

You also cannot convert a RAIDZ1 pool to be a RAIDZ2, you have to destroy and recreate it in your desired parity configuration.

I'm sorry, when I mentioned RAID levels, I was referring to the RAIDZ equivalent. I'm not using on board or hardware RAID, but the software raid in TueNAS Scale.

Edited my first post to reflect this. The main issue is migrating my app pool, I can handle the deletion/creation of the RAIDZ1 easily.

Davvo

MVP

Maximilious

Dabbler
Are you using truecharts or other unique things?
It is the truecharts version of Plex. The only reason for that is using memory for transcoding. I'd have to look at it's configuration but that's all I remember setting up differently that the truenas version wouldn't support out of the box.