Cannot connect to share

Hello guys,

today I was trying to automaticly connect to freenas with my laptop.
but this didn't really work out. not only did I fail to make the autologin work. I also screwed up something else because now my laptop won't connect to it anymore. I can get into the GUI just fine. My other PC can login to the freenas just fine. but my laptop doesn't connect to the share anymore. The share is setup in a way that everybody can access everything.

1602524324992.png

this is the error that i am getting while trying to login with a link on my desktop (witch should open the share)
1602524433480.png

this is what I am getting when I am trying to get in with the network drive

If someone knows what i could have done wrong that would be great. I have spent a few hours today just trying stuff but it didn't help

freenarb

Cadet
Actually, this is an ongoing problem. Rebooting is not the solution!

This problem has been going on (for me) in 11.3U2 and 11.3U5 (the latest)
and in Windows 10 1909 and Windows 10 2004.

The symptom is exactly as you show above.

However if you keep trying again and again and again, eventually (after 10 or 20 minutes) it suddenly starts working normally.

There's definitely a bug, but it's not solved by (a) upgrading anything, or (b) changing any config parameters.

Should I log a bug in jira?

geopfarth

Explorer
I just started seeing this behavior. I'm on Windows 10 patch 2004. I have never had any trouble with the SMB shares before. Now I can't even get my PC to find the freenas server, let alone connect to the shares. I have tried by IP and by hostname. I have checked the windows firewall and it is off. I can access the freenas via web page, or console with no issues. When I scan my network, the server no longer shows up as an attached device but I still have access to the Plex server running on it. I am going to try updating to 11.2 U8 and see if anything changes.