Cannot use CIFS share on one machine and can on another

Status
Not open for further replies.

Makaveli6103

Contributor
I recently got the new beta hardware from Google Fiber and am having troubles with my freenas. I have Windows 7 HTPC connected via ethernet and a Windows 7 laptop via wifi. After getting the new modem/router I cannot connect via ethernet to the HTPC. It sees the share but when trying to connect Windows Explorer stops responding then gives an error it cannot connect. On the laptop I am able to connect the share via ethernet and via wifi. I have tried to delete the CIFS share and re-add it, turn on/off CIFS and restarted the server....nothing works. Any ideas?????

cyberjock

Inactive Account
I would say something is wrong with your HTPC if your laptop works just fine. What in particular I'm not sure.

Makaveli6103

Contributor
When I turn on the HTPC I am seeing these errors on my freenas. The cpu listed is the HTPC. It is repeated over and over.

Code:
 freenas smbd[98927]:    STATUS=daemon 'smbd' finished starting up and read to serve connectionsabe-pc (ipv4:192.168.1.17:61408) closed connection to service freenas 

Makaveli6103

Contributor
1) try connecting via IP address.
2) try disabling windows firewall.

Nope, both of these thing do not work. When I try to map the drive and select the drive Windows Explorer stops responding and if I wait an error pops up saying "The specific network name is no longer available"

Last edited:

socos

Dabbler
Try connecting via IP address? Also run an "ipconfig /flushdns" on the HTPC.

Status
Not open for further replies.