Some apps/devices can't see SMB share in Freenas

wanstronian

Dabbler
Hi folks,

For a few years now, my FREENAS 11.1 installation has been ticking along nicely. I have Plex in a jail, and music on an SMB share which I access from my Sonos Play:3, and it's all been great.

Now, suddenly, my wifi-connected TV can't see the Plex files (orange warning triangle) and my Sonos app (on both Android phone and Windows 10 laptop) can't connect to the share (message along the lines of "the computer freenas can't be found.") My ethernet-connected TV can see the Plex movies etc. just fine.

On the same laptop as my Sonos app, I can see the share using Windows explorer (it doesn't show up under "Network", but I can connect by typing, say, "\\freenas\music" into Explorer.

The only thing that's changed is that I had to factory reset my router; but I don't remember ever having to set up any firewall rules, and anyway I don't think that would explain why my laptop can see the share, but Sonos on my laptop can't.

I've set sysctl freenas.services.smb.config.server_min_protocol=NT1 but that hasn't made any difference

I'm completely stumped. Please help!

sretalla