can not solve this error, help?

Krackster

Dabbler
when I try to update scale , catalog errors, ect

Error code:

Cannot connect to host update.ixsystems.com:443 ssl:True [SSLCertVerificationError: (1, '[SSL: CERTIFICATE_VERIFY_FAILED] certificate verify failed: certificate is not yet valid (_ssl.c:1123)')]: Automatic update check failed. Please check system network settings.

Can someone help me fix it?

Samuel Tai

Never underestimate your own stupidity
Is your BIOS set to GMT or local time?

Krackster

Dabbler
LOL... It was the damn battery... replaced it and the sever works just fine. Never had a battery fail on me before

wesleyh

Cadet
I have the same issue, bios shows the correct time but cannot find what I am missing here.

Samuel Tai

Never underestimate your own stupidity
BIOS has to be set to GMT, not local.

danb35

Hall of Famer
I have the same issue, bios shows the correct time
I doubt it; one or the other of these statements is highly likely to be false. For them to both be true, you'd have to be catching the update server immediately after it received a new cert, within the window of whatever your time zone is (-5 to -8 hours in most of USA). Since update.ixsystems.com serves a cert that was issued six months ago, it's near-certain that either you have a different issue, or the BIOS does not in fact show the correct (date and) time.

What's the exact error you're seeing, under what conditions are you seeing it, and what does the system think the date/time is? For the latter, from the web UI, go to System Settings -> Shell and type date.

Krackster

Dabbler
I doubt it; one or the other of these statements is highly likely to be false. For them to both be true, you'd have to be catching the update server immediately after it received a new cert, within the window of whatever your time zone is (-5 to -8 hours in most of USA). Since update.ixsystems.com serves a cert that was issued six months ago, it's near-certain that either you have a different issue, or the BIOS does not in fact show the correct (date and) time.

What's the exact error you're seeing, under what conditions are you seeing it, and what does the system think the date/time is? For the latter, from the web UI, go to System Settings -> Shell and type date.
Mine was a date issue I believe but was caused by the bad battery. put a new battery and have not had any further issues