Can admin of truenas help me with this problem

jamesjamesjames

Dabbler
Can admin of this software help me with this situation the problem is my existing truenas os and storage pool has been deleted I don't know what happen but i think it has been overwrite when I upgrade my truenas version all of the sudden the existing os of my server is gone can I request the admin if they can reach me out of this matters because I tried everything I could to recover it even using recovery tools please help if the moderaetor or admin of truenas have access of the databases of each user create storage pool :(

NugentS

MVP
As per forum rules please post your hardware
Also post the result of "zpool status -v" in codeblocks
Also the result of "zpool import" in codeblocks

Tony-1971

Contributor
Also post the result of "zpool history" in codeblocks
Best Regards,
Antonio

Patrick M. Hausen

Hall of Famer
if the moderaetor or admin of truenas have access of the databases of each user create storage pool
Nobody has access to the data and/or the configuration of your NAS but you.

Davvo

MVP

NugentS

MVP
Also post the result of "zpool history" in codeblocks
Best Regards,
Antonio
But you might like to truncate that to recent data from shortly before the issue occurred.

jamesjamesjames

Dabbler
I have just encountered. > Lately there was a sudden power loss in the office and somehow the UPS of our server
I think not okay, the server crashes and the NAS affected which not booting at all, I have perform to recover the truenas but
I cant locate it at all. > there was a snapshot also but I was not able to find it. I tried to remove the disk
and try to recover using ZFS recovery software's, but it seems not working. I think I have just upgraded the truenas software or overwritten the data? need some help, what to do and process, suggestion for this,
thanks all.

Motherboard make and model > MSI X79A D45
CPU make and model > I7
RAM quantity > 32 GB
Hard drives, quantity,8 DISK OF 10 TB EACH model numbers, and RAID configuration, including boot drives>SSD
Hard disk controllers >SAS MEGARAID CONTROLER
Network cards>

This is the third (or fourth?) time you've started such a thread.

Why do you keep doing this?

NugentS

MVP
@jamesjamesjames "SAS MegaRAID" - Which model and has it been flashed to IT Mode or are you running hardware RAID from the LSI Card?
What where the boot disks plugged into, and what were they?

I / We need a detailed hardware setup - otherwise we cannot help you

IF you want us to help you - you need to answer all the questions, completely - otherwise you won't get any help

jamesjamesjames

Dabbler
@jamesjamesjames "SAS MegaRAID" - Which model and has it been flashed to IT Mode or are you running hardware RAID from the LSI Card?
What where the boot disks plugged into, and what were they?

I / We need a detailed hardware setup - otherwise we cannot help you

IF you want us to help you - you need to answer all the questions, completely - otherwise you won't get any help
im running a hardware raid from lsi card sir.

NugentS

MVP
Let me be very clear - if you want any help
1. Detailed hardware setup - all the details - I do not want to have to wade through pages of half answered questions.
2. Does TrueNAS even boot if so:
Post the result of "zpool status -v" in codeblocks​
Post the result of "zpool import" in codeblocks​
Post the truncated (by date) result of "zpool history"​
5. Do you have a backup - if not - why not?
6. Are the disks showing up in the RAID Controller?
7. You mentioned that you have tried to recover - what have you tried?
8. Do you have a copy of the TrueNAS config file in a safe place (not on the NAS)?

If you do not supply this info then we cannot help you.

Additional Points:
You are using hardware RAID that has not been flashed to IT Mode (I am assuming and if it even can) - this is NOT a good idea and is highy conducive to losing your data as ZFS and hardware RAID do not work well together. ZFS is not designed to work well with hardware RAID as it likes direct access to the disks.

Last edited:

jamesjamesjames

Dabbler
Noted sir i reply in a minutes just answering you list sir thank you so much i reply later after i done inputing the details thankyou <3
1. Detailed hardware setup - all the details - I do not want to have to wade through pages of half answered questions.
2. Does TrueNAS even boot if so:
Post the result of "zpool status -v" in codeblocks​
Post the result of "zpool import" in codeblocks​
Post the truncated (by date) result of "zpool history"​
5. Do you have a backup - if not - why not?
6. Are the disks showing up in the RAID Controller?
7. You mentioned that you have tried to recover - what have you tried?
8. Do you have a copy of the TrueNAS config file in a save place (not on the NAS)?

If you do not supply this info then we cannot help you.

Additional Points:
You are using hardware RAID that has not been flashed to IT Mode (I am assuming and if it even can) - this is NOT a good idea and is highy conducive to losing your data as ZFS and hardware RAID do not work well together. ZFS is not designed to work well with hardware RAID as it likes direct access to the disk