Broken after upgrade

dannas

Cadet
Being that this is the first post here it's unlikely the post will bee seen, much less receive a response.

I made the mistake of upgrading the Zoneminder plugin when I saw an update was ready. after the update the UI was blank, and error in the log said that there was no 'session' table. I did create the table, and was able to get some of the UI to work, which was useful for viewing the other errors. Am I alone here, or have other experienced this?

Like a dummy, I forgot to make a snapshot first.
Never again.

dannas

Cadet
Looking through the logs, I did see an error about the DB version not matching the software version.
I opened a shell
I did a
sudo zmupdate.pl

The DB went through several updates. Success, back to normal.
I hope this helps someone.

Redcoat

MVP
Being that this is the first post here it's unlikely the post will bee seen, much less receive a response.
Sorry to "disappoint" you.

Welcome to the forums!

Success, back to normal.
Glad you were able to fix it.

I'll admit to having given up on Zoneminder a couple of years ago and never going back to it, so it's good to hear a +ve experience,

Thanks for reinforcing the snapshot. No question - it's a great facility to have.

When you are next here, please post your hardware specs to help others calibrate the application of your post's solution on Zoneminder.