SOLVED Web UI broken

Status
Not open for further replies.

JohnDoe123

Cadet
Dear community,

I'm seeking your advice here - i'm on 9.10, when I checked two days ago it was most recent version, no update pending.

I don't remember doing anything to the system but configuring permissions on my media volume to get Plex running.

When I tried to log on to the Web UI earlier today it appeared cluttered and broken, see attached. I tried using multiple web browsers and different OS, all the same. Cache cleared too.

I'm new to FreeNAS but found out that django is the UI framework so I restarted that (incl. nginx).

Any idea?

Thanks and regards
JD

Attachments

• Bildschirmfoto 2017-01-07 um 19.34.42.png
    Bildschirmfoto 2017-01-07 um 19.34.42.png
    288.4 KB · Views: 231
  • Bildschirmfoto 2017-01-07 um 19.34.23.png
    Bildschirmfoto 2017-01-07 um 19.34.23.png
    80.5 KB · Views: 236

Silent J

Cadet
Dear community,

I'm seeking your advice here - i'm on 9.10, when I checked two days ago it was most recent version, no update pending.

I don't remember doing anything to the system but configuring permissions on my media volume to get Plex running.

When I tried to log on to the Web UI earlier today it appeared cluttered and broken, see attached. I tried using multiple web browsers and different OS, all the same. Cache cleared too.

I'm new to FreeNAS but found out that django is the UI framework so I restarted that (incl. nginx).

Any idea?

Thanks and regards
JD

I had the same problem after an update earlier today. I used the boot menu to go back the the previous version which started up as it should. Then, I updated to the latest STABLE version. When it rebooted, it seems to work just fine.

JohnDoe123

Cadet
Thanks - that didn't help unfortunately. There were no pending updates waiting to be applied. I do recall running pkg update && pkg upgrade -y in the plex jail. Could this have had impact outside the jail? It wouldn't make sense to me but as said, I'm new to this following the steep learning curve.

Silent J

Cadet
I've been using FN for about a year now, but I don't have a strong IT background so my ability to help is limited. As far as I know, whatever you do in the jail shouldn't affect your system as a whole.

If you went back to a previous version using the boot menu (I'm referring to the Grub menu on the console before FN starts to boot), you might have to "check for updates" rather than rely on pending updates to show immediately. (Maybe you already did this). Did you say you were able to successfully go back to a previous version? If you don't feel comfortable doing it from the console you can also do it from the GUI as described at http://doc.freenas.org/9.10/system.html#boot.

When I've had trouble upgrading from the GUI (which has been a number of times), I've always been able to upgrade from a USB stick. You have to download the ISO from http://download.freenas.org/9.10/STABLE/latest/ and use the installation procedure shown at http://doc.freenas.org/9.10/install.html#upgrading-using-the-iso. I would definitely create a new boot environment rather than formatting the boot device as the former will let you go back to a previous working installation whereas the latter will not.

Does any of this help?

Status
Not open for further replies.