Boot issue - system becomes inaccessible?

HunterAP

Cadet
When I boot my system, the system passes the POST test, then the display will not output anything and the system will be entirely unresponsive. There is no access to the web GUI, and the system doesn't respond to pressing or holding down either the power or reset buttons. The only way to work around this issue is to turn off the system by flipping the PSU switch, but that's risky and I don't want to do that any more than I have to.

This issue will also occur randomly when the system does boot. After a few minutes, the same issues occur, even though the system didn't reboot or anything like that - it just suddenly enters this weird error state.

I can't seem to find anything in the logs, but I'm probably just not aware of what to look for.
The ither thing to note is that one or more of the disks I have show activity on their respective LED indicators - but I'm not sure what it's doing, as this activity is showing for my non-OS hard drives.

Here are the specs for my system:
AMD Ryzen 5700G
Asrock X470 Taichi (updated to latest official BIOS version 4.70)
4x16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200MHz
SCALE is installed on a Samsung 860 Evo 250GB SSD
My ZFS pool consists of 3x8TB WD Red CMR drives with an Intel 660p M.2 NVMe 2TB SSD (used as SLOG and cache devices)
PSU is an EVGA GQ 750w
Running TrueNAS SCALE release version

I should point out that I don't think this is hardware related, as I tested running Ubuntu without any issues, and even previously used a different PSU.
I can look into installing the beta BIOS version 4.86 for my system, but I think this issue is specific to SCALE and would like to troubleshoot it before I look into installing that beta BIOS.

HunterAP

Cadet
I should also point out that I am using a Level 1 Techs 4 input 1 monitor HDMI, where I connected a Logitech K270 wireless keyboard and a Logitech MX Vertical mouse. I figure I should point this out in the case that some Logitech HDI/mouse drivers are a known issue.

HunterAP

Cadet
I wanted to report that this issue has been resolved, and was not due to any issues with TrueNAS SCALE itself.
I flashed the ISO onto a USB stick and had set my BIOS settings to correctly work in EUFI mode (turned off both Secure Boot and CSM), and had all other drives unplugged except for the single SSD I was installing TrueNAS SCALE onto.

Somehow, either due to some error with initially writing the ISO to the USB stick or an error when installing TrueNAS SCALE onto the SSD, the system was not stable from the get-go. I was tipped off to this when the boot-pool ZFS device was reporting unrecoverable errors since before I ever turned it off forcibly, I just didn't see the notifications for those messages. I attempted a ZFS scrub, but as expected it did not recover.

I ended up downloading the ISO again, flashing it onto a different USB stick, and completely formatting the original installation of TrueNAS SCALE on my SSD. I checked the boot-pool's status and did a scrub to be sure, and there were no issues.