beta to alpha....

Status
Not open for further replies.

survive

Behold the Wumpus
Hi reidara,

FreeNAS follows the traditional major-minor-revision scheme for their releases, so 9.1.1-ALPHA simply means the devs have started working on the next version of FreeNAS .

You can find what you are most likely looking for here:

http://sourceforge.net/projects/freenas/files/FreeNAS-9.1.0/RC1/

The download page you refer to might auto-generate the 9.1 download links, and now that 9.1 has hit RC & 9.1.1 is the new development branch I'm going to guess that the page just picked up the newest nightly with the new revision number & that's why it shows up on that page.

-Will

reidara

Dabbler
Yeah.. that automatic explains the logic....

I would believe people would rather see a 9.1 RC than a new 9.1.1 ALPHA on the download page of freenas.org. But thats my opinion.

Thank you for explaining the logic...

Quick question... Will the plugin jail PBI soon be available or must we wait for 9.1 Release ( and when will that be ? )

survive

Behold the Wumpus
Hi reidara,

Sure, but I would counter that anyone running a non-release version ought to exercise a bit more diligence as well.

As far as I know 9.1 will download the jail package when you first configure a new jail.

-Will

reidara

Dabbler
Yeah , I see your point... :)

What about the transmission PBI or other PBI's ?
Should I look for PC-BSD style pbi for transmission also ?

survive

Behold the Wumpus
Hi reidara,

I'm not sure what the deal is with the different new jail styles. Looking at the docs here:

http://doc.freenas.org/index.php/Using_Jails_to_Install_Additional_Software

in table 9.a it looks like a "plug-in" style jail allows you to use all the methods of software installation so I don't know why there are 3. I am particularly intrigued by what the "vanilla" knob does.

Anyway, I don't know what to tell you about new plug-in\.pbi\packages for 9.1....I expect it's a bit of a chicken & the egg thing right now. I would wait for the FreeNAS guys to announce 9.1 & I bet they will explain their vision of how the plug-ins are going to work.

-Will

Status
Not open for further replies.