SOLVED ATTENTION - Currently the following services depend on this volume: cifs

Status
Not open for further replies.

wizengamot

Dabbler
Some required info first. I am running FreeNAS-11.1-U4, on an AMD Phenom II X6 1055T Processor, with 12247 MB of Ram. The system is running baremetal. (aka not virtualized).

Attempting to remove a volume and reading what FreeNAS tells me very carefully, I get the message

ATTENTION - Currently the following services depend on this volume: cifs

My question: Will removing the volume actually cause any problems for the CIFS service?

I have attached my config as well for reference. (removed now that the issue is solved)
Thanks!
Wizengamot

Last edited:

Jailer

Not strong, but bad
If you have a cifs share set up on your volume and you remove your volume then it will no longer be available to share. That's what the message is telling you.

wizengamot

Dabbler
If you have a cifs share set up on your volume and you remove your volume then it will no longer be available to share. That's what the message is telling you.
I removed all the CIFS shares for this volume. I also removed all data sets on this volume, so there is nothing referencing this volume. I even reset the System Dataset volume to the new volume that I am using. All jails and other data were setup to use the new volume. this current volume has 36MB on it, and I am not sure what, if anything, that this 36MB could comprise as there are zero files when I visit the volume in the shell.

However, I hear what you are saying. The warning should be irrelevant since the worst that could occur is that I would lose access to a share.
Many thanks!
Wizengamot

Status
Not open for further replies.