Assigning Transmission IP address and port

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spannerman

Dabbler
I have just upgraded to FreeNAS 9.2 and uploaded the Transmission plugin, but I want to set its IP address to 192.168.1.110 and port as 53029 (as I used to have for historical reasons on my previous transmission on FreeNAS 8.3). I can't seem to find any guidance online but I looked at the settings for the transmission jail and saw the default IP is 192.168.1.1. No sign of where the port assignment may be as a separate box though. So I tried setting the IP as 192.168.1.110:53029 there (on the same line)which was accepted, but the Transmission Web GUI is not then available on this address. It worked OK on default. I tried rebooting the server to see if that helped but then things got worse as I could no longer access the FreeNAS GUI. Its on a static IP of 192.168.1.107 with a forwarding port of 30292. Gateway is 192.168.1.25. I ended up having to do a factory reset and reload the configuration as both web GUI's were then inaccessible on their expected IP addresses. I'm assuming I've created a conflict of some kind and I am missing something simple so thought I'd ask here. I've been enjoying remote access to my server via these ports for a long time now so its much less convenient at the moment. Appreciate any guidance - my skill level is probably dangerous amateur :) . Thanks

Joshua Parker Ruehlig

Hall of Famer
I have just upgraded to FreeNAS 9.2 and uploaded the Transmission plugin, but I want to set its IP address to 192.168.1.110 and port as 53029 (as I used to have for historical reasons on my previous transmission on FreeNAS 8.3). I can't seem to find any guidance online but I looked at the settings for the transmission jail and saw the default IP is 192.168.1.1. No sign of where the port assignment may be as a separate box though. So I tried setting the IP as 192.168.1.110:53029 there (on the same line)which was accepted, but the Transmission Web GUI is not then available on this address. It worked OK on default. I tried rebooting the server to see if that helped but then things got worse as I could no longer access the FreeNAS GUI. Its on a static IP of 192.168.1.107 with a forwarding port of 30292. Gateway is 192.168.1.25. I ended up having to do a factory reset and reload the configuration as both web GUI's were then inaccessible on their expected IP addresses. I'm assuming I've created a conflict of some kind and I am missing something simple so thought I'd ask here. I've been enjoying remote access to my server via these ports for a long time now so its much less convenient at the moment. Appreciate any guidance - my skill level is probably dangerous amateur :) . Thanks

You set the port for a jail? That may have been what broke everything. A jail can be assigned an IP, individual services then bind to different ports on that IP. Port for transmission can be set from the plugin settings in the FreeNAS interface.

Wedge Jarrad

Cadet
Spannerman,

I had a hard time with this, too. If you select the "Plugins" or "Jails" buttons from across the top of the screen and then select the Transmission plugin you will not see any options for configuring Transmission itself - only for the jail.

Instead expand the "Plugins" node on the tree on the left and then click on the Transmission node that appears below it. You will be given a dialog with the options you are looking for.

I found this quite confusing and it took me a while to find it.

Spannerman

Dabbler
Thanks to both replies. I hadn't tried clicking on transmission in the left hand tree. Now set the port there and all working as planned now.

Much appreciated.

Status
Not open for further replies.