ASRock C2550D4I COM1 disabled?

Status
Not open for further replies.

yel

Cadet
I'm trying to activate COM1 under BIOS (under Advanced->Serial Port Console Redirection). The COM and SOL options on the top are greyed out and indicated as Disabled, and I can't change the console redirection options for either. The Windows EMS option on the bottom is active. Screenshots I've seen of this BIOS screen suggest that I shouldn't see this greyed out COM & SOL.

Has anyone experienced this and knows how to fix this? I've flashed the BIOS to the latest update v2.30.

thanks

fd0

Dabbler
I'm trying to activate COM1 under BIOS (under Advanced->Serial Port Console Redirection). The COM and SOL options on the top are greyed out and indicated as Disabled, and I can't change the console redirection options for either. The Windows EMS option on the bottom is active. Screenshots I've seen of this BIOS screen suggest that I shouldn't see this greyed out COM & SOL.

Has anyone experienced this and knows how to fix this? I've flashed the BIOS to the latest update v2.30.

thanks
I am experiencing the same with the C2750D4I that came with my FreeNAS Mini, that was purchased from iXsystems a while back.
I am unable to get a serial console working

pro lamer

Guru
Wasn't it a jumper on the motherboard? (Edit: it's moot, see below)

Sent from my mobile phone

Last edited:

Redcoat

MVP

pro lamer

Guru
Thank you, but please tell us your source for that suggestion.
I can't say from the top of my head but I'll look and post back.

pro lamer

Guru
Thank you, but please tell us your source for that suggestion.
I can't find it, sorry...

I might have confused motherboards

fd0

Dabbler
My other system has same motherboard and does not have this issue.
Both BIOS as well as FreeBSD-11.2 installed on it show an active COM1 in the menu Advanced->Serial Port Console Redirection

I wonder what is wrong here

fd0

Dabbler
In my case, I raised a bug with iXsystems, which they accepted.
MoBo will be replaced:D \o/

fd0

Dabbler

thanks
report to where you purchased it.
ASRock uses 3 year or longer warranty

Status
Not open for further replies.