Anyone tried 11.2 BETA1 on the HP Microservers yet? (N54 / N40 / N36L) ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

diskdiddler

Wizard
Tempted to try my first beta.

Brer

Explorer
Is that via switching trains? I'm a little confused as it says 11.2-STABLE, yet the release roadmap does say BETA1.

upload_2018-7-10_7-45-7.png

diskdiddler

Wizard
I strongly suspect that's the right way to do it, I haven't done it yet myself, the little AMD cpu in my machine may not be supported, I just don't know

KrisBee

Wizard
See the notes here: https://www.ixsystems.com/blog/library/freenas-11-2-beta1/

To update to this release, select the 11.2-STABLE train in System → Update. Should you need to return to the 11.1 series after updating, reboot and select that boot environment from the boot menu.

The problem with being a beta testers is lack of info about what is supposed to work as of now. E.G. Can't install a plugin unless DHCP is used. So is that a bug in plugin install process, or a known limitation of the underlying iocage, or something else? The error message about DNS failure is misleading as the test box can ping and do nslookups OK.

Last edited:
D

dlavigne

The problem with being a beta testers is lack of info about what is supposed to work as of now.

Everything is supposed to work as of now :smile: If you find something that does not, please report it as a bug.

KrisBee

Wizard
Everything? Really? So that includes creating VMs which can be installed and run using the UEFI-CSM boot method?

rogerh

Guru
My N54L, with 4 storage disks and one jail, seems to run 11.2-BETA1 with no obvious change in behaviour from 11.1-U5. Several days now.

diskdiddler

Wizard
Yeah I'm 3 weeks in now, works fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.