Beta version going back to stable version won't show smb shares.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dale_3rd

Cadet
When I built my nas box several months ago I installed the (IIRC) 11.1-beta version and mistakenly (I wasn't paying attention I guess) chose the nightlies version. Since then I've updated to the 11.2-beta1 version and also tried 11.1 stable but I seem to always run into the same issue. Everything seems to work except my samba shares tab is empty and I get the .../api/version1...500 error. I've gotten this same error on any stable version I've tried to install when I'm attempting to leave the beta versions (I hate the UI of the betas). Last night I did a fresh install of the 11.1-U5 stable version and restored my configuration. Again got the same error with smb, but when I did an update and chose 11.2 stable, it installed the 11.2-beta1 stable version (back to the new UI) and my samba shares showed back up.

Anybody have similar issues or is this just that my samba shares won't populate to backwards versions?

Thanks,
Dale

D

dlavigne

The system won't be happy if you try to use a nightlies config on a stable version as config migrations are one-way. Once you get a working stable config, remember to save it so you have a backup.

Dale_3rd

Cadet
What I was afraid of with the nightlies. Good thing I don't have a ton of smb shares to rebuild.

Thanks dlavigne!

Status
Not open for further replies.