Anyone in Olympia/Tacoma area? I need help

Status
Not open for further replies.

ECCfrenaslover

Explorer
Running FreeNAS 9.2.1.8 on two separate servers. While I was overseas, one of my servers (the backup) halted or had some sort of error. I am now back home and trying to get the second server to normal ops. When I reboot the server, the system gets stuck on mountroot>

I also see a message that says "mounting from the ufs:/dev/ufs/FreeNASs1a failed with error 19"

I've searched the forums but I am not finding the answers to get it back to normal running status.

So far, I've erased the disk where the OS resides and loaded 9.2.1.8 but the above error persists. Even if I reboot the system without the 8 hard drives that I have in this system, I get the above error msgs.

I am not an expert on FreeNAS and all related commands to troubleshoot it. This is why I am asking for someone in the local area and I will be willing to buy lunch/beers.

Anyone? Open to suggestions as I am about to pull my hair with this one!!

Thanks!

Rob

ECCfrenaslover

Explorer
ReallY? The OS resides in a fairly new (about 8 months old) Samsung SSD 840 EVO 120 GB

Is there a way to test an SSD? I reloaded the OS and it did not give any errors when writing to it.

ECCfrenaslover

Explorer
obviously you did not catch the version I am using gpsguy. Your link goes for version 9.3. I am on 9.2.1.8

What is driving me up the wall is that both servers are identical and only the HDDs are different. Everything was in perfect working order for over 6 months and then this happens. Both servers have not been messed and just doing their job...

gpsguy

joeschmuck

Old Man
Just so I follow the problem correctly you installed a fresh copy of FreeNAS 9.2.1.8 to the EVO drive, it's the only one in the system, you reboot and you get the mount error messages? You never get to a booted system where you have a working console or GUI?

If you find out it's a BIOS configuration issue, I would replace the BIOS battery.

If it's not the BIOS, have you downloaded a different copy of your FreeNAS image and tried that?
Also, give 9.2.1.9 a shot and the current 9.3 just to see if it boots without issues. Maybe the reason your system failed was due to a hardware failure, I am just speculating since it's not in front of me.

Status
Not open for further replies.