All-inclusive Script/E-mail Report

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guinea

Explorer
This is going to come across as grossly lazy of me, but I figured it was worth a shot and "why reinvent the wheel?" I am hoping someone has already come up with a solution that does something similar to what I have in mind. I am trying to monitor my FreeNAS build (which is primarily used for Plex streaming/transcoding and document/picture storage. I have already implemented most of the recommendations from "fester" and things are working pretty well. Right now I get a daily output email and a weekly email with some cryptic numbers that I am not sure what they represent. I can look that up later....I am sure it is easy to understand, just haven't had time.

What I would like to accomplish: I would like to NOT get a daily email, but a weekly email instead. I would like the email to be an actual report that is formatted in a easily readable fashion. Ideally it would showcase the jobs I have running for disc scrubbing etc and whether they passed or failed. Then it would show me CPU and HDD temps and HDD disc speeds and fan speeds. Is it possible to format these into a chart or some type of graph or table, so it could show me how the system behaved over the last week. When it had peak temps, average temps, etc. That way I can kind of let the system run a little more hands off....but still be able to look at a report every week and see "Oh wow, the system was heating up a lot on Thursday, I wonder why..." and start investigating/correcting the issue.

I know this seems a little lazy of me and I am sure I could piece together a bunch of people's scripts over time and get to what I want....I was just hoping someone already had this implemented. Or something similar to this. I just want to limit the traffic of emails to only tell me when there is an issue and then show me a weekly report.

Ericloewe

Server Wrangler
Check out the Resources section. There are several scripts there that may be of interest to you.

Status
Not open for further replies.