Security Check

Status
Not open for further replies.

maclark7029

Dabbler
Hi,

I'm running FreeNAS-9.10-STABLE-201606270534 (dd17351). As expected, every week I get an email "server.HOME weekly run output" but I'm confused by the text it contains: "Security check: (output mailed separately) -- End of weekly output --". I never receive a separate email?

Am I missing something?

Thanks,
Mike

Ericloewe

Server Wrangler
If I'm not mistaken, said log is simply empty and thus never gets sent.

Mirfster

Doesn't know what he's talking about
Yeah, I have noticed the same thing and always intended to try and see what is going on. I know that I have "fat fingered" the PW; yet have not received any notification about that as far as I remember.

Maybe information is sent if Directory Services are enabled with Verbose Logging? Just guessing though...

Ericloewe

Server Wrangler
I know that I have "fat fingered" the PW; yet have not received any notification about that as far as I remember.
I used to get warnings about those, but it's been a while since I've gotten it wrong (keepass, public key authentication make it hard to enter the wrong password).

Mirfster

Doesn't know what he's talking about
Yeah, I have noticed the same thing and always intended to try and see what is going on. I know that I have "fat fingered" the PW; yet have not received any notification about that as far as I remember.
I used to get warnings about those, but it's been a while since I've gotten it wrong (keepass, public key authentication make it hard to enter the wrong password).
Tested (with latest update) and I got notified..
Code:
[Redacted] login failures:
Aug 18 11:41:07 ASC-FN01 sshd[5482]: Failed password for root from [Redacted] port 59447 ssh2

Status
Not open for further replies.