Affiliate code verification

Status
Not open for further replies.

pro lamer

Guru
Hi,

Recently I've realized that I keep being redirected to a cj.dotomi.com page when clicking posted links (checked the mobile phone and 2 PCs with MSWindows).

Is it the affiliate page?

Some pages match that link to malware:
cj.dotomi search.png

kdragon75

Wizard
I have not seen any such links on the forum.

Jailer

Not strong, but bad
I have pfsense set to block those affiliate links. Newegg links seem to be the biggest offender.

Ericloewe

Server Wrangler

Inxsible

Guru
I have pfsense set to block those affiliate links. Newegg links seem to be the biggest offender.
Would you mind showing me how as well? A link or an explanation perhaps would be great, so I can block it on my pfSense too.

Jailer

Not strong, but bad
Ill post a link to the tutorial i followed later when i get home from work. Do know that its pretty agressive and kills a lot of links and prOn too so if thats your thing it may not work well for you.

kdragon75

Wizard
Ill post a link to the tutorial i followed later when i get home from work. Do know that its pretty agressive and kills a lot of links and prOn too so if thats your thing it may not work well for you.
Thanks for the laugh.

Inxsible

Guru
Even better if it blocks pron... I need to block it anyway. I use pfBlocker for doing that currently and the https sites still come thru.

Jailer

Not strong, but bad

JoshDW19

Community Hall of Fame
Hi,

Recently I've realized that I keep being redirected to a cj.dotomi.com page when clicking posted links (checked the mobile phone and 2 PCs with MSWindows).

Is it the affiliate page?

Some pages match that link to malware:
View attachment 24303

Thanks for the page @Ericloewe

@pro lamer have you ruled out a malware infection on your system? It's quite easy for malware to redirect your host file or hijack requests and cause all kinds of fun and unusual behavior when you click on links.

I'm not seeing any weird behavior on my end. If you can send me some examples I can do a more in-depth analysis.

pro lamer

Guru
@pro lamer have you ruled out a malware infection on your system?
Hard to say ;) On one hand I haven't run any anti-malware software recently, on the other hande - the same webpage is shown both for PCs and the phone. I think I'll run some linux live distro and learn what happens.
If you can send me some examples I can do a more in-depth analysis.
I'll do some more checks first...

pro lamer

Guru
have you ruled out a malware infection on your system
I've just check with a fresh installed OS and it still redirects, but:
Newegg links seem to be the biggest offender.
I guess this is the issue since I've just checked a few amazon-targeted links and they didn't go to cj.dotomi....
I have pfsense set to block those affiliate links.
Does it pass to the linked product directly? Or one needs to do copy-paste the link text from the forum post (as @Chris Moore caught somewhere but I can't find what thread it was)
If you can send me some examples I can do a more in-depth analysis.
I guess it's not needed anymore but...:
https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813183013 and links in the first post on this page: https://forums.freenas.org/index.ph...upgrade-path-suggestions-welcome.64078/page-2 but not this one:
Maybe if I put it in code tags they won't edit the link.
Code:
https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=9SIAD3E7BJ1190&cm_re=ST4000DM000-_-22-178-338-_-Product

Status
Not open for further replies.