Access Based Share Enumeration

Status
Not open for further replies.

Agung

Cadet
I've case with FN 11.1 U6 installed on HP Proliant ML310e server.
I configure SMB share with Access based share enumeration tick on one of my sharing folder but unfortunately when I access my sharing folder use other pc on the network I can still see other folder that I don't have permission on it.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-10-05 at 8.03.06 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2018-10-05 at 8.03.06 PM.png
    29.4 KB · Views: 600
  • Screen Shot 2018-10-05 at 8.03.45 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2018-10-05 at 8.03.45 PM.png
    52.4 KB · Views: 605

anodos

Sambassador
iXsystems
I've case with FN 11.1 U6 installed on HP Proliant ML310e server.
I configure SMB share with Access based share enumeration tick on one of my sharing folder but unfortunately when I access my sharing folder use other pc on the network I can still see other folder that I don't have permission on it.

Access Based Share Enumeration depends on the "Share ACL", which you manage through "Computer Management" on a Windows workstation.

Agung

Cadet
Access Based Share Enumeration depends on the "Share ACL", which you manage through "Computer Management" on a Windows workstation.
Thanks for reply @anodos : I can't delete everyone permission from the windows client thats say "I'm not permit delete from this windows client" even I login as administrator for that client.
I think there is a bug or something like that because if I create new dataset under my parent share always auto adding "everyone permission"

anodos

Sambassador
iXsystems
Thanks for reply @anodos : I can't delete everyone permission from the windows client thats say "I'm not permit delete from this windows client" even I login as administrator for that client.
I think there is a bug or something like that because if I create new dataset under my parent share always auto adding "everyone permission"

Adding "everyone" was a design decision. You need to change the permissions of the new dataset (through the webui) so that it is owned by your admin user/group. Then the user will be able to change permissions.

Agung

Cadet
Adding "everyone" was a design decision. You need to change the permissions of the new dataset (through the webui) so that it is owned by your admin user/group. Then the user will be able to change permissions.
Back to access based share enumeration, do you have trial or guidance document for successfully testing that feature?
thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.