9.3 iSCSI extents/crash

Status
Not open for further replies.

djchicane

Cadet
Hi there,

Firstly, may I say that I have been very impressed with FreeNAS is all its recent forms, (which made me take the leap into 9.3 Beta).

I believe I struck a bug last night, but just want to check in to see what information would be of use to help isolate this occurrence.

I have a 9.3-BETA setup, (FreeNAS 9.3-BETA 2014-11-08 00:21:30 GMT).

2 x iSCSI extents/targets.

1TB zVOL attached to my ESXi 5.5U2 hosts, (2 of).
300G zVOL attached only to a Windows 8.1VM.

I added a second hard drive, (250G), to the Windows 8.1 Guest, (via the ESXi add Hard Disk), so therefore using the existing 1TB storage allocated as VMFS to all guests.

My Plan was to move the data on the 300G to the newly created 250G Drive, however, 2 minutes into this copy operation FreeNAS hung up - I managed to get a console onto the FreeNAS server, and there was a permanently scrolling message about the Windows 8.1 VM Initiator waiting for data, after approx 5 minutes this caused the FreeNAS server to reboot. Once rebooted I deleted the 300G iSCSI extent and decided not to try that kind of operation again! :)

If I can provide information relevant to this occurrence then please advise.

I will allow the FreeNAS server access to the internet later today and check for Updates.

Regards,

Dave

mav@

iXsystems
iXsystems
It would be good to see those "permanently scrolling message" in any form.

djchicane

Cadet
Hi Mav, yes - it would but It seems that local logging stopped on the 16th November, (before this event). I have no trace of logfiles infortuanrly that would be able to assist with the diagnosis. I am loathe to try anything like this again in my running environment, but will simulate in my Lab over the coming weeks.

Status
Not open for further replies.