8.0.1 plans

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

jpaetzel

I've just finished a cross-country move from Minnesota to California, and while I've been somewhat silent and behind the scenes for a bit, the dev team has been as busy as ever. They tell me that they've finished a raft of fixes and improvements, and while we aren't ready to move towards an RC, we should push out another BETA.

I'm working on that as we speak, and hopefully we'll have something out very soon...maybe as soon as today.

(Yes, we have integrated netatalk 2.2)

Anyways, back to coding, but I thought I'd post a note real quick since there has been quite a bit of radio silence.

louis-m

Dabbler
cheers j. if there's one thing people do like, it's being kept in the loop. looking forward to the release and thanks for all the hard work you and the devs are putting in to make freenas one of the best storage options going.

M

Miguel Sequeira

Great stuff! Looking forward to a new beta release to setup my TimeMachine. :)
Thanks for the great effort in improving an already excellent package.

BobCochran

Contributor
I too want to thank you and your team for your work on quickly pushing out a beta that integrates netatalk 2.2. I can well understand how busy you must be with a long distance move. Thanks for accomplishing so much under what must be stress conditions. I will eagerly been watch for a fresh beta.

ProtoSD

MVP
Thanks for the update, welcome to CA ;-)

Just a reminder to everyone, if you've made any custom changes, such as loader.conf, or other config files, BACK THEM UP before you upgrade, or they'll all be lost.

Tekkie

Patron
What's the easiest way to get a hold of the source code?

Tekkie

Patron

ProtoSD

MVP
We're waiting for Beta 5 right now, and then presumably a few RC's, so probably not until the end of September or mid-October would be my guess.

EDIT: Looking more like end of November or later now....

survive

Behold the Wumpus

louis-m

Dabbler
cheers. it's just there was a lot of upgrade images starting to show whereas before it was mostly iso's.

Tekkie

Patron
:D Interesting... I assume you mean 8.0.1-B5 ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.