Upcoming Plans for the FreeNAS Forums in 2019

Tigersharke

BOfH in User's clothing
Administrator
It does help to know what you have to deal with. Of course I cannot do anything about the keyboard overlay part, but it should be possible to permit some of the other items to shrink a bit so that more can be seen at once. Definitely in the first image (leftmost) and the other two if I can reduce the size of the toolbox so it can fit one line would surely help, plus scale down the avatar as well.

VladTepes

Patron
I've tried all themes and don't see any FreeNAS logo in or near the banner....

If you mean the category heading icon then yeah I can see that but only scrolling down - it needs to be in the banner.

You can do as you like obviously but I'm just offering an opinion as to why people may assume they've ended up in the wrong place.

VladTepes

Patron
Yeah but nobody knows or cares what an "iX community" is.

Sure it's fine for those who already know, but for those who don't it's super confusing.

Anyway I won't labour the point. You wanted feedback, you got feedback. :)

Tigersharke

BOfH in User's clothing
Administrator
Yeah but nobody knows or cares what an "iX community" is.

Sure it's fine for those who already know, but for those who don't it's super confusing.

Anyway I won't labour the point. You wanted feedback, you got feedback. :)

Right. And I re-stated one of the things you mentioned, but my firefox (or the site, or connectivity) was acting very slow during that reply, so I waited to say more. The logo is something outside of my control, this is what was desired by iX, and it makes sense because it is what the umbrella is, that everything else is under. I added the smaller logos for the forum sections because I thought that would look cool. I agree that some might be confused, especially if they seek the FreeNAS forum site and reach this one. I am not real sure how to "fix" it except to maybe have some text in the header/banner area that identifies the change, but this is something iX folk ought to discuss. They could choose to set a temporary message like there had been for the 'FreeNAS version released' though it still wouldn't solve confusion for everyone once the message is gone. We might just have to suffer the 'growing pains' that this change to an iX identified forum site brings.