8.0.1 plans

Status
Not open for further replies.

Durkatlon

Patron
Probably a self-imposed deadline that hasn't been moved even though it should've been. Looking at the ticket status, it doesn't appear a release is likely today.

royemans

Cadet
Yes, but if you look at the amount of ticket updates one would be thinking that the devs would update their timeframe as well.

I would be very disappointed if they would not adhere to their own timeframe nor update it.
That beats the whole purpose of that site to keep the community informed. ( potential FAIL )

esamett

Patron
There was a prior announcement that the developers were planning to add a Beta 5 and some Release Candidates before the next major release.

G

gcooper

Yes, but if you look at the amount of ticket updates one would be thinking that the devs would update their timeframe as well.

I would be very disappointed if they would not adhere to their own timeframe nor update it.
That beats the whole purpose of that site to keep the community informed. ( potential FAIL )

We're a team of a handful of developers (and one QA/support engineer -- i.e. me) and less loosely nit // affiliated FreeBSD devs. We have other work stuff we're taking care of in addition to FreeNAS. Please be patient because release schedules (especially when new processes are being established), never go out the door on time. In reality the same can be said for real released products that cost thousands or even millions of dollars a year -- and many of those products have huge teams of dedicated QA and support engineers, in addition to program managers and the full nine yards to update schedules, communicate them to paying customers, etc.

Things will improve when we have automated testing nailed down (core required pieces will be in 8.1 to enable this, and the rate of flux should slow down a bit..). Automated testing right now with something like Selenium via the GUI is nigh impossible at our rate of change, and I don't have the time to implement it now due to resource constraints (it's a non-trivial task).

So, please be patient because we're just as anxious as you guys are to get stuff out the door as robust as possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.