2 Truenas setup / 1 LSI 9208-16e HBA : Web interface doesn't start up.

guiguijke

Cadet
Hello,
I'm running an issue with my server :
-supermicro x10sra-f + xeon e5 2680 v4
-boot on 2 ssd
-striped mirror disks as data
The server is booting fine without it, web interface ok.
When I insert the LSI 9208-16e card , the server is booting apparently normally, showing ip adress and boot menu, however apps and web UI never start up.I can see the bios post and the card showing up during boot.
If I remove the card, everything goes back normal.
I tried on a windows machine the card is ok. I tried on an old machine (z97 chipset , old i5) that I installed a fresh truenas scale, the web ui is showing normally, disks are recognized.
My conclusion is that something may be wrong with the os on the server...
Is there a way to repair Truenas OS without loosing all my apps & configuration?

Thanks a lot

guiguijke

Cadet
To comment myself, I've done a breakthrough in my problem solving.
I tried to do a fresh install of Scale on a spare ssd and the problem on my main system was solved.
I remembered that I switched my motherboard few months ago without reinstalling the OS.
Before reinstall the OS and loose my application setup, I would like to try to repair the OS first. I saw in previous versions of Scale that there were a function called : Kernel autotune.
I'll try that. If somebody has a solution to repair without loosing the data it would be great. Otherwise , I'll do a clean install ...
As reminder , I put here what Ifound on the forum to enable this hidden function.
Code:
midclt call system.advanced.update '{ "autotune": true }'
midclt call system.advanced.update '{ "debugkernel": true }'
midclt call system.advanced.update '{ "kernel_extra_options": "<additional kernel options>" }'