Getting web interface could not be accessed error

I'm making a new NAS with the components I have:
CPU - Intel 11400 with UHD graphics
Motherboard: MSI MPG B560i
Ram - 8x2 Corsair vengeance ddr4
2 Crucial 250gb nvme drives, 1st use for OS boot drive
2x Seagate Ironwolf 4TB HDD

I've installed the Truenas OS on SSD. While booting, it is showing me "web interface could not be accessed" without any IP. This is connected to my router via ethernet cable connected to motherboard. I do not have any NIC card with me.
I've searched and found possible reason could be the network driver is not supported by Truenas OS for that motherboard LAN.

So my question, is my understanding correct?
Also what can be done to get it working?
Thank you.

Redcoat

MVP
Welcome to the forums!

I'd say you are correct.

Search here for Realtek RTL8125B - you will find numerous posts on this topic, some of which describe in detail the many attempts to work around this issue.

I suspect that trying TrueNAS Scale may be the best option based on what I have read on those threads.

Welcome to the forums!

I'd say you are correct.

Search here for Realtek RTL8125B - you will find numerous posts on this topic, some of which describe in detail the many attempts to work around this issue.

I suspect that trying TrueNAS Scale may be the best option based on what I have read on those threads.
Thank you for recommendation. I'm just making a home server NAS to access multimedia in all devices on home and some redundancy for backup and that's the whole purpose. Going above core is truly overkill for my usage.

LarsR

Guru
scale is just based on another os, core uses bsd, scale debian linux.
Realtek support on core is next to nonexistent.
Linux hardware support is broader then bsd so it could be that your nic is better supported on scale.

Redcoat

MVP
Going above core is truly overkill for my usage.
I would not describe Scale as "above Core". It's a different product that likely has more appropriate fit for your needs.

I would not describe Scale as "above Core". It's a different product that likely has more appropriate fit for your needs.
Sorry for my noob knowledge for whatever I understood. I never ever used Linux, solely a windows user all my life so I understood it wrong.
Thankfully I saw some comparison video and then installed TrueNAS Scale and voila, my motherboard NIC is now working.
I set it up and using it. So thank you for guiding me to right directions. :smile:

scale is just based on another os, core uses bsd, scale debian linux.
Realtek support on core is next to nonexistent.
Linux hardware support is broader then bsd so it could be that your nic is better supported on scale.
Thank you for suggestion. Everything was going over my head related to post about compiling and configuring drivers to run on TrueNAS core which as you said based on bsd.
I was in the impression that Core is free and for home users and Scale is more for enterprise and paid(maybe read wrong articles).
Finally installed Scale and everything working now Yay...