SOLVED 11.2-U2 Update Broke UNIX Permissions

BlakeNagel07

Dabbler
Seems like this last freenas update broke permissions.

If i try to delete a file in a folder that im apart of the group of with full read/write permissions, i get error message saying i need permission from Server\*User Here of share*

I haven't changed any of my permissions ever since i initially setup freenas. how come it seems to be ignoring group permissions?

When you post asking for help, it's helpful if you can also state what hardware and software you're using.

Last edited:

BlakeNagel07

Dabbler
When you post asking for help, it's helpful if you can also state what hardware and software you're using.

I have added my system details to my signature.

All shares are setup using ACL Type Unix with User and Groups defined.

Picture attached of message. My user has full group access to this directory but when trying to delete any files I receive this message.

Freenas_File_Delete_Message.JPG

BlakeNagel07

Dabbler
Check out Known issues at https://www.ixsystems.com/blog/library/freenas-11-2-u2/ . Could be what you're coming up against.

"Some SMB sharing edge cases, particularly those using Unix permissions, may become inaccessible with this update. If your SMB share works in RELEASE-U1 but not in U2, enable the ixnas VFS Object for that share in Sharing ‣ Windows (SMB) Shares. "

When I edit my SMB share to enable ixnas VFS Object, it does not allow me to save the change and gives me a message
"A Share with this path already exist"

Share_Exist.jpg

BlakeNagel07

Dabbler