11.1 u2 update... now FreeNAS won't boot

gurtonBuster

Dabbler
That should be enough space I should think
It might be good to download the configuration, then if you want you can reinstall it just in case. then maybe go to http://download.freenas.org/latest/ and download the manual update, then try manual update and see if it does anything for you.

Last edited by a moderator:

biggyk

Contributor
Yeah I was thinking a reinstall was needed. After getting the time to do it I will report back. Thanks.

gurtonBuster

Dabbler
Maybe make sure the flash drives are healthy and the status is good before reinstall.
If you get to the point where you want to reinstall you could always try the beadm destroy -f just to see if it works to force it. I don't see -r or -R in the docs for beadm so maybe it is a file system command destroy that directory that it is referring to, but it sounds like that would destroy all of the directories in that list it returned.

ezra

Contributor
Have you made changes in CLI to a native FreeNAS file (I do not mean added a script but eg. edit /etc/rc.conf)? Run verify install in the update section. Then update again (when the boot environmentss are deleted).

I had a checksum mismatch of a file which was blocking the update.

finsfree

Dabbler
After reading this thread I was able to resolve my issue with 11.1 U2.

I reverted back to the default then deleted the 11.1 U2. Ran the update again then booted to the new update 11.1 U2.

Worked perfectly! Thanks.

biggyk

Contributor
What was your default?

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

finsfree

Dabbler
It was labeled "default". I am kind of new to FreeNAS.
freenas.PNG

Theos80

Cadet
[QUOTE = "finsfree, post: 441978, member: 46201"] Après avoir lu le fil de discussion, j'ai pu résoudre mon problème avec 11.1 U2.

Je suis revenu à la valeur par défaut, puis j'ai supprimé le 11.1 U2. Prochaine étape 11.1 U2.

Un parfaitement fonctionné! Merci [/ CITATION]

Tes données stocker on était affecté ??
Ps: mon installation est sur une clé usb

Last edited:

rfang9524

Cadet
I had the exact same issue. After I updated to 11.2, I keep getting the following error:

gptzfsboot: No ZFS pools located, can't boot

The issue was some how 11.2 doesn't work with USB flash drives. I tested with a bunch of different USBs with fresh installs of FreeNAS 11.2 Release U1.

I was able to get this fix by using 'dd' to create an image of the boot drive and restore the image back to a USB SSD drive. After that, I was able to run 11.2 without any problem and the configurations were intact.