#10862: Update mpr driver to version 9

Status
Not open for further replies.

TXAG26

Patron
I have not yet re-cabled my drives from the PCIe LSI 2308 SAS card to the onboard LSI 3008, but I did just complete UEFI-flashing the LSI 3008 to 3008_FW_PH12.00.02.00 (from Supermicro's ftp site) and am NOT seeing the firmware mis-match error when I log into FreeNAS!!!

I have two Adaptec 2280000-R cables in-bound (right angle mini-SAS to x4 straight SATA) and hope to get everything switched over to the LSI 3008 this weekend.

FYI - Adaptec also make "straight mini-SAS to x4 straight SATA" and "straight mini-SAS to x4 right angle SATA" versions of this cable.

The Adaptec I-rA-HDmSAS-4SATA-SB-.8M is an internal "right angle" Mini-SAS HD x4 (SFF-8643) to (4) x1 Serial ATA (adapter based) fan-out cable with sideband signals. It measures 0.8 meters and is used for connecting a Series 7/7Q adapter to SATA disks, or a SAS/SATA backplane.

Ceetan

Contributor
Is p12 still the current IT firmware for LSI3008 with FreeNAS 9.10 drivers?

Ericloewe

Server Wrangler
Always use the firmware version FreeNAS tells you to use. If it doesn't complain, all is well and you should not mess with it.

Last edited:

rogerh

Guru
Always use the firmware version FreeNAS tells you to use. If it doesn't complain, all is well and you should mess with it.

My added emphasis. Was this precisely what you meant?

Ericloewe

Server Wrangler
My added emphasis. Was this precisely what you meant?
Emphasis was lost, but I saw the mistake. Thanks!

I think I had written "shouldn't", but decided to change to should not - the not ended up lost during the change and was donated to a charitable cause.

rogerh

Guru
Glad to be of assistance - sometimes it is hard to totally exclude an ironic intent.

T-rex

Dabbler
I have not yet re-cabled my drives from the PCIe LSI 2308 SAS card to the onboard LSI 3008, but I did just complete UEFI-flashing the LSI 3008 to 3008_FW_PH12.00.02.00 (from Supermicro's ftp site) and am NOT seeing the firmware mis-match error when I log into FreeNAS!!!

I have two Adaptec 2280000-R cables in-bound (right angle mini-SAS to x4 straight SATA) and hope to get everything switched over to the LSI 3008 this weekend.

FYI - Adaptec also make "straight mini-SAS to x4 straight SATA" and "straight mini-SAS to x4 right angle SATA" versions of this cable.

Probably a dumb question but, what is the sideband cable for? I've got the headers on my X11SSL-CF for it but i've got no idea what it's for. Can I just leave the sideband cable unplugged?

Thanks.

TXAG26

Patron
Probably a dumb question but, what is the sideband cable for? I've got the headers on my X11SSL-CF for it but i've got no idea what it's for. Can I just leave the sideband cable unplugged?

Thanks.

Enclosure management for certain hot-swap backplanes that support them. I've never used them personally and just leave mine unplugged.

Stux

MVP
Enclosure management for certain hot-swap backplanes that support them. I've never used them personally and just leave mine unplugged.

Things like drive identification lights. Which would be neat... but are reliant on too many vendor specific non-standard extensions.

Status
Not open for further replies.