zpool import from linux to freenas

swbartley

Explorer
I am trying to import a zfs pool from a linux operating system that is using flags that is not supported in Freenas. I tried to force import and got the below message:
This pool uses the following feature(s) not supported by this system: org.zfsonlinux:userobj_accounting (User/Group object accounting.)
All unsupported features are only required for writing to the pool. The pool can be imported using '-o readonly=on'.
cannot import 'tanker': unsupported version or feature

I then tried the read-only command: zpool import -o readonly=on tanker and I got the following: cannot import 'tanker': pool may be in use from other system.

sretalla

Powered by Neutrality
You may need to to use the -f or -F flag to force the import to go ahead (still with read-only).

This usually happens when the pool was not properly exported from the previous host before removal.

swbartley

Explorer
You may need to to use the -f or -F flag to force the import to go ahead (still with read-only).

This usually happens when the pool was not properly exported from the previous host before removal.

I've tried the force -f command and I still get the same message:
zpool import -F readonly=on tanker
readonly=on': no such pool available

zpool import -F tanker
cannot import 'tanker': pool may be in use from other system
use '-f' to import anyway

sretalla